MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a plugin that hide the forum threads...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a plugin that basically hides specific use groups from entering the forum and watching the threads and posts within HOWEVER they can see on the side of the forum how many threads and posts that EXISTS in the forum.

If anyone has this i will gladly pay for one of these to be made!
I think you may do so by Forum Permission . Goto Admin panel and Then Click on Forum & Posts , select forum name and set the permission for each usergroups one by one .
For this no need of any plugin .
no there is no permission which allows this mate, trust me i looked in there. must be a plugin.
Not what im looking for mate, please read once again
Hello zomba, is it the entire thread or only parts of the posts you'd like to hide?

If you want to hide the entire threads but keep the number of posts and threads inside a forum I'd go the other way round and display the thread and post numbers if there is no viewing permission, might be easier.
(2015-07-10, 08:06 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Hello zomba, is it the entire thread or only parts of the posts you'd like to hide?

If you want to hide the entire threads but keep the number of posts and threads inside a forum I'd go the other way round and display the thread and post numbers if there is no viewing permission, might be easier.

Hi Lennart,

This sounds like what I need to do.

What I would like to achieve is for the 'registered' usergroup (preferably only that group) I would like to allow access to a specific set of child forums, but only as far as seeing the thread titles.

I have no experience of plugin writing, however I did find this possible solution, which didn't appear to work, at all.  It's fair to say it might be too old, but it was a very simple line of code and something similar written to do the above might be simple for someone who knows what they are doing.

Here's what I found:  http://community.mybb.com/thread-25393.html  (Attachment at Post #5)

Thanks. Smile

Ian.
Hello Ian,
you can set specific permissions for each usergroup and subforum which might already include what you'd like to achieve.

Best regards
Lennart