MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help? I'm new :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ghello I downloaded the merge system BTW how do I merge my bb to WordPress ? I think that would be good with news for homepage for community's
MyBB merge system is not meant for merging with WordPress
(2015-07-11, 09:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB merge system is not meant for merging with WordPress

Oh wait I ment vBulletin Big Grin but i's that good for cimmunity and news at the homepage ?
do you need forum conversion from vBulletin to MyBB or the other way round ?
(2015-07-11, 09:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you need forum conversion from vBulletin to MyBB or the other way round ?

It's a clan/community my website for lots of members and do you know how many sites have front page news like our old site had news module here and I'm hoping one if these merg sites will
The merge system only allows switching from another software (like vbulletin or wordpress with bbpress) to mybb. If you want to switch from mybb to another software you need to look whether they have a converter. If you want to create new pages or integrate mybb with a third party software please use the respective forums.
(2015-07-11, 04:23 PM)JonesĀ H Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system only allows switching from another software (like vbulletin or wordpress with bbpress) to mybb. If you want to switch from mybb to another software you need to look whether they have a converter. If you want to create new pages or integrate mybb with a third party software please use the respective forums.

so u cant u 2 ? what about if i installed simplemachines will that work?
vbulletin forum or smf forum can be converted to MyBB.
for the home page you have to either modify portal or get a custom page made by hiring an expert
(2015-07-12, 04:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]vbulletin forum or smf forum can be converted to MyBB.
for the home page you have to either modify portal or get a custom page made by hiring an expert

btw how do u install the merge which path for the install and what do u do after?
Have you checked the documentation? http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/merge/running/