MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I've read many threads, official tutorials, was not able to do, that is why I'm posting here, and please do not provide me links, what I want is a simple tutorial, I use hostinger.co.uk free hosting website, I installed MyBB using the auto installer feature of the hosting website, which installed MyBB automatically for me, came to know that the version I use is outdated (1.8.3), what I want is to update it to the latest version, I download the files from here, uploaded them to the directory using FileZilla, but few of the files couldn't get uploaded, had no idea why, tried many times still the same, most of them are the files inside the admin folder, later went to www.sa-gw.tk/install, followed the step, once the thing has been installed successfully, I went to my forum, what I saw is shown bellow, and also I'm using Square Theme, thanks in advance, hope I get a good help from someone, cheers!

OU�#��x4z��c�B��p4Z.������|t����� �}����;9�32�y���s����d爸��ć1O�ǞH=V=�x��;hN>|hHy�C���H��䔧�I��+6d/{�s��̋D�̢�:7.�( �"��8J/X.�c��Z�)��cz�	Ȳ8 8�6ʕ�<�b=�^�:������ ~>=e��x�c02k��p����H������E�����s-�+xp'o��c����ر����0��V�\�y,x)?��(P���'Q�:~�I��?�f<��v<��,}�W�P!t�����F���y3�Q��B��ǂ����R(�D��a�3��H:�9�V�Dhΐ�P|,��c�) ��V{,0�,�#,x��>������_��y�u#��/��i��<׹��PyЭ�f�}�X�|�P�/E~��y�*?��?��\�"���g��Q�PQu����m�eD� 4��B��B$`���`tJ�j����?��<�SP֟Jp��l�	�;=�~�^�r����̼')�c6, N� (�\���h�*�@��'\|� �B�f�b@.��4{,�Q���Dδd�E�u� �}�|��W.�� %X�1��,D69��db�}�/�9D�6�T�����}��" [��4+��R-d��U�BE�wN�#��AE�1��F���i�B�[��F\�L�m�BX����B��Ƣ@v�`����x�Q��_e�H�2�Wn���H�d+���.4��i�K���<7F�ք����ՂQ���WЩ�bV��.�$ ����30�(�E�"�j�;��Fk����'�p�F��6�R�,��~|�@\U؇%O5��� �"��S.y)�� ���*a�)Bf���f9�!D'��"�j��c�}�Z�Ms4�b�s�e�oa�����sr��)��5�H���j#q9de��@��#��Α�spl������}~�����������@���f�p�?.�r)ufw�#z�eT�\�Ζ3��1X U���4G3��O��n��������q�4�E)��s�p5��]�ϣ�Ck��(J��N�������gP����S;�ʹ�P�d�?aA1eP����X���"%���e�wv�W�,��3���D��C�S���5J#�-Y va����9@?˥�� �|ƙ^����0���CN?�rĎn��>,�P�_��*Pr�]޻;@�]_�9
Thanks, I read it, the forums is all about a gaming server, no appropriate content in my forums, and also sorry for not displaying the "Powered by MyBB", I didn't do it on purpose didn't know how to add extra footer, I added it now but still when I go to my website, what is see is random stuffs like I listed below, and how do I fix it?

��]�r�8��ۮ�w�pgWr�E��Gl�vΉ33ًO����Ԗ "!�1E0iE7��{���׸G�'�n���D^ՌU3��F����H�~{����߯_�A4���/�_�zA�F��~�E�yy{I���۫��2[�6��p#�
please keep powered by MyBB notice to continue getting support from this community

admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options >> Use GZip Page Compression? --> select No
save the settings and check if it resolves the referred issue
Worked, and I've added "Powered by MyBB" on my forums already. Now its time for me to update my MyBB forums to the latest version, but when I upload files to my directory using fileZilla most of the files inside the admin folder are not uploaded, it says couldn't upload, why is that?
along with the MyBB notice, theme coder's copyright should be retained.

check file permissions of folders & files. in general, folders should have CHMOD 755
Fixed it!