MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Embed Youtube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just by entering the youtube link it would auto embed the video.

This feature is really cool Toungue
not a bad idea. maybe add an area in the admin cp where admins could list sites that should automatically embed inside forum posts.
I would definitely like to have something like this, but it would have to be fully (and easily) configurable via the ACP to add/remove sites. I've not looked at the best way to do it, but it'd definitely be a useful feature.
Doesn't this feature already exist?

When making a post, click on the filmstrip icon and a dropdown box appears where you select YouTube and enter the link.

The video will then show in your post.
That's not auto embedding.

I personally like to decide whether a video should be a link or a playable object, e.g. if I post 50 youtube links in one post, the 2nd option wouln't be what I want. So if anything, it should be optional in ACP.
(2015-07-14, 08:56 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]That's not auto embedding.

I personally like to decide whether a video should be a link or a playable object, e.g. if I post 50 youtube links in one post, the 2nd option wouln't be what I want. So if anything, it should be optional in ACP.

Of course, as with anything. Users could also make sure the links are links by using the [url] MyCode.
Automedia (plugin) covers youtube and many other "auto" features.

Maybe worth including some of the 'automedia' functions as default for popular things.