MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No Rules/Announcements Showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Mybb so I am having a problem with my forum I am not able to see the rules not sure if its my theme or the fact I am an admin but its bugging me even global announcements are not showing

Edit: Url is here : rservices-forums.com will setup test account if needed.
You are sure you set your forum rules in
AdminCP -> Forum & Posts -> (forum of your choice) Options -> Edit Forum -> Additional Forum Options -> Forum Rules

Input Title and Rules and choose Display Method

Which "Global announcemet are you talking about? Are this announcements for all forums?
(2015-07-14, 08:27 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]You are sure you set your forum rules in
AdminCP -> Forum & Posts -> (forum of your choice) Options -> Edit Forum -> Additional Forum Options -> Forum Rules

Input Title and Rules and choose Display Method

Which "Global announcemet are you talking about? Are this announcements for all forums?

Did not relize each rule required a Title thanks is there a way to set the same rules for all my boards?
(2015-07-14, 07:12 PM)rservices Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to set the same rules for all my boards?

What I can see is that you can set rules for a category, so a series of forums. But not for all at the same time (unless you have only one catagory Big Grin ).
You could add a page and put a link to it in your menu by following this idea: http://community.mybb.com/thread-116225.html

<?php 

define('IN_MYBB', 1); require "./global.php";

add_breadcrumb("Rules", "rules.php"); 

eval("\$html = \"".$templates->get("rules.php")."\";"); 

output_page($html);

?>

<html>
<head>
<title>Rules</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><span class="smalltext"><strong>Rules</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">

<p>#1 Rule number one</p>

<p>#2 Rule number two</p>

<p>#3 Rule number three</p>

<p>Just add more as you want them</p>

</td></tr></table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Then add a link to it by going to Header Templates > Header

Find:
<ul class="menu top_links">

And under that add:
<li><a href="https://rservices-forums.com/rules.php" title="About our rules.">Rules</a></li>

Just play around with that and see if it help.
You can also do it by SQL queries in phpMyAdmin. That is done quite quickly.
(2015-07-14, 08:48 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]You can also do it by SQL queries in phpMyAdmin. That is done quite quickly.

Okay thanks because doing it Manually might take to long ill look at my SQL and see I am slowly opening my forum so everything is being added and ive been very busy since I am using a VPS