MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UPGRADE HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ANY HELP HERE - DO I have to deleted the INSTALL file?

I deleted the lock file in the INSTALL folder, but did not delete the INSTALL FOLDER.

This is the message I received - can someone help?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    144 - Table './aswm_mybb1/mybb_captcha' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
Query:
    SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_captcha LIKE 'used'

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

If I go to my forum I get this message
http://www.aswm.org/forum/admin/index.ph...nge&gid=23

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (43)
Error Message:
The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
for the crashed tables, if (automatic) repair doesn't work then better to contact web host and request to fix

the other error message is very clear. add a file with lock as file name in the install folder.
(2015-07-15, 11:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]for the crashed tables, if (automatic) repair doesn't work then better to contact web host and request to fix

the other error message is very clear. add a file with lock as file name in the install folder.

Should I try the lock folder first to see if that works or contact host first?

Thanks!
^ of course, you can create a file in install folder & name it as lock and check if forum works
I've just tried to browse your forum and it does say the install folder is still there.

If you delete that folder it should allow access to you forum. Unless of course, you have database issues.

As suggested by .M. if you contact your host to fix that would be easiest.

However, if you can confirm if you have ssh access and the mysql password then you can run the repair yourself.