MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automention: Autocomplete Mention
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
does anyone else have the problem where when you start typing a username after the @ symbol, it'll type a letter or 2 and then jump ahead of the @ symbol? quite annoying, to say the least!

I'm using the stock mybb editor..
(2017-04-02, 07:13 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone else have the problem where when you start typing a username after the @ symbol, it'll type a letter or 2 and then jump ahead of the @ symbol?  quite annoying, to say the least!

Can you post a screen shot of this issue?
(2017-04-02, 07:33 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-02, 07:13 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone else have the problem where when you start typing a username after the @ symbol, it'll type a letter or 2 and then jump ahead of the @ symbol?  quite annoying, to say the least!

sure..I'll try to get a screen video later tonight, but for now, a screenshot will be included below.

this is doing a full reply in chrome. the text should say @and:

[Image: VJ6waWa.jpg]
Thanks. I've never seen this issue before.
(2017-04-02, 11:09 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-02, 07:33 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]

sure..I'll try to get a screen video later tonight, but for now, a screenshot will be included below.

this is doing a full reply in chrome.  the text should say @and:

[Image: VJ6waWa.jpg]

Same issue here - I use Rin editor
Sorry but i can't reproduce in my test forum using FF 53.0b9 (64-bit)

test forum
https://martyan.info/1811/

user : test
pass: test123

you need create account to test, but activation not required, so you can use fake e-mail to register.

tested now with Brave brownser and i reproduced the issue.

i will update in github and Extend MyBB after. Anyway fix in Attachment of this post.
(2017-04-06, 03:21 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but i can't reproduce in my test forum using FF 53.0b9 (64-bit)

test forum
https://martyan.info/1811/

user : test
pass: test123

you need create account to test, but activation not required, so you can use fake e-mail to register.

tested now with Brave brownser and i reproduced the issue.

i will update in github and Extend MyBB after. Anyway fix in Attachment of this post.

Hi,

I deactivated the old plugin, uploaded the new files and then activated the plugin. after that, I purged my cdn's cache. I'm still having the same problem in chrome...this is only an issue when you make a full reply, not in the quick reply, at least not from my experience.
(2017-04-06, 11:34 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I deactivated the old plugin, uploaded the new files and then activated the plugin. after that, I purged my cdn's cache. I'm still having the same problem in chrome...this is only an issue when you make a full reply, not in the quick reply, at least not from my experience.

you can reproduce issue in my test forum too?
because i can't more reproduce issue after this update.
(2017-04-07, 12:49 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-06, 11:34 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I deactivated the old plugin, uploaded the new files and then activated the plugin.  after that, I purged my cdn's cache.  I'm still having the same problem in chrome...this is only an issue when you make a full reply, not in the quick reply, at least not from my experience.

you can reproduce issue in my test forum too?
because i can't more reproduce issue after this update.

hmn, seems to be okay on the forum now..maybe I needed to clear the cdn cache again!

thanks for the update!!
@martec - is there any way how to search for a user with a space in his username (with dropdown menu support, now the dropdown is closed when you wanna add a space).

For anybody who needs more items in the dropdown menu -> edit this file:  jquery.atwho.min.js -> find:

limit:5,maxLen:20,minLen:0,displayTimeout:300

and change the "limit:5," to whatever you want (I personally use limit:20, -> it shows max 20 items in the dropdown menu). You can also change the max length of the username with "maxLen:" value.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19