MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP mail not always sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with PHP mail. Sometimes it all goes well, but also sometimes e-mails are not sent. The message I get in the system e-mail log is

"MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function."

I just had a chat session with my host (one.com), but I fear that I did not have the right person on the line. He suggested that I must use port 25 and server mailout.one.com. But there are no settings like that for PHP mail in MyBB.

Going to SMTP has been failed every time I tried it. I just tried it once again with the settings provided by the information page (server send.one.com port 465), but that results into the error message

"Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 110: Connection timed out".

This is for my test forum, where I also test things that are discussed in this forum. But all plugins except one are uninstalled. And besides that, sometimes it goes without problems.

Someone with ideas?
Problem for SMTP solved after (again) consulting One.com, but now per e-mail. I got the message that in these applications I should use another server (mailout.one.com), port 25, no SSL and no authentication.

Tried it, and it works Big Grin .