MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prune and deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My new Admin deleted and pruned a member....is there a way to get member and threads post back?
if the posts are pruned then they are not available in the database.
if you have a recent backup of the database then you have to get required posts from the backup
this process needs to be done with care. may be its better to hire an expert for doing it ..
I'm not sure, but it can be tried.
  1. First find out what the uid of the user was (find a thread or post of him, this contains both name and uid). Condition is of course that his threads and posts are still in the date base.
  2. Then make (in AdminCP) a new user with an identical name.
  3. In the database (in phpMyAdmin), change the uid of the new user to that of the user that was deleted.
  4. Try it.
A lot of data is wrong of course (dates, counts etc), but I don't know whether that is an obstacle. Counts can be rebuilt, of course (from AdminCP).

I really am not sure, never tried something like this. But on the other hand I think there is a good chance.

But, as .m. indicates, when posts are gone from the database you must try something else.
OK, thanks, I'll just cut my losses. Smile
(2015-07-17, 01:39 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. First find out what the uid of the user was (find a thread or post of him, this contains both name and uid). Condition is of course that his threads and posts are still in the date base.

How do I find the uid of deleted users?