MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-07-18, 10:11 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It has attachments and quotes, but no likes (as likes given in private tend to look a little weird on a user's profile). It's all one long conversation, but you can have several conversations with the same participants with different titles.

It may bear some semblance but it doesn't look like it's anything that would encourage people to join that share a common "interest".  I assume this is a part of the new release, conversations.  I hope a plugin will be implemented if a simple permissions to start a group isn't at least considered.  I won't pretend to say I know I difficult it would be implement, but it seems the easiest work around to stay competitive.  My search has to continue in the meantime.
Yes, conversations is a 2.0 feature Smile
To be honest this would be a useless feature, it would only take space without a reason and you have to spend time on this even it's useless. Developers could better spend time on another thing that could be useful.
(2015-07-19, 09:08 AM)Jasler Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest this would be a useless feature, it would only take space without a reason and you have to spend time on this even it's useless. Developers could better spend time on another thing that could be useful.

Why would creating permissions for a member to create a usergroup take up "space", if it can already by done?  As is, it just creates more work for staff.
I disagree with this as a core feature as well. The branch Euan linked to is not the branch I'm developing. The current branch you're going to want to watch is: https://github.com/dragonexpert/Social-Groups-1800.It will be much better than it ever was before and more expandable.
(2015-07-20, 11:13 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree with this as a core feature as well.  The branch Euan linked to is not the branch I'm developing.  The current branch you're going to want to watch is: https://github.com/dragonexpert/Social-Groups-1800.It will be much better than it ever was before and more expandable.

Now this is exciting news!  In order to stay with the times, software has to move forward with a more community driven ideology.  Interaction between members and creating an experience and sometimes a sense of exclusivity is a trend I'm noticing.  Can't wait for this plugin dragonexpert!

I still think permissions is still a simple viable answer as an alternative option. ;-)
I'm not sure I like the idea of users creating private groups.
(2015-07-27, 07:15 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I like the idea of users creating private groups.

The beauty of having it as an option is that you could turn if off.  If it doesn't exist it never gives people who want it as an option.
(2015-07-18, 01:34 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ]This feature is available in almost every platform BUT MyBB.  

Well, this feature isn't implemented in the core of WBB 4.1. And I don't think it's really necessary when you can create a conversation with more than one person. It's a better solution than making a 'private' usergroup and then an area for them (may it be a forum or anything else).
Pages: 1 2