MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change where the username is displayed!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question #1
How can I move where users display name is showing up!? I would like to make it so that the username is displayed under the avatar and above the group tag. 

Here is an image of what the profile(s) currently look like: 
[Image: 16vOmeW.png]

Here is what I would like it to look like:
[Image: 5y6oWec.png]

Question #2
How can I make it so certain ranks avatars have a border around them!? I would like to make it so that administrators get a red border around their avatar in their profile and posts, moderators get blue, and super moderators get green. 

Here is an image to illustrate an example of what I mean:
[Image: F5CmUYZ.png]

Thank you in advance for reading this thread and providing me any help of yours!

Best regards,
lowheartrate
Home » Template Sets » YOUR TEMPLATE » Edit Template: postbit_classic

Move this:

<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> <br />

Under

<center>{$post['useravatar']}</center><br />
(2015-07-19, 07:11 AM)Toxine Wrote: [ -> ]Home » Template Sets » YOUR TEMPLATE » Edit Template: postbit_classic

Move this:

Under

I have looked in my postbit_classic  template and can't seem to exactly find the  

I have found something similar to it but that line that is similar to it is already above the code 

You can view a pastebin of my pastebin_classic  document here if you're interested in taking a look at it.
(2015-07-19, 07:30 AM)lowheartrate Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-19, 07:11 AM)Toxine Wrote: [ -> ]Home » Template Sets » YOUR TEMPLATE » Edit Template: postbit_classic

Move this:

Under

I have looked in my postbit_classic  template and can't seem to exactly find the  

I have found something similar to it but that line that is similar to it is already above the code 

You can view a pastebin of my pastebin_classic  document here if you're interested in taking a look at it.

That's strange, try to clear your cache.

For the avatar border you were looking for, I cant help. But, I know how you can color the background of the post of the staff. Like the one thats here, staff has a different background color when they post.
Question 1
Look at your default postbit_classic, there you see:
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
	{$post['useravatar']}
	<div class="author_information">
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}
	</div>
</div>

So there the profile link is already below the avatar. Do it in a similar way for your theme.

In the default postbit template the profile link is alongside the avatar.

Question 2
This could be solved with a small plugin, or by installing the plugin template conditionals and smaal changes in the templates postbit and postbit_classic