MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move created forums from one website to another!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am looking for help with a problem I am currently having. At the site found here I have a good list and layout of forums/threads/categories setup but have moved to a different domain in which I also run myBB and am trying to find an easier way to move everything from the forums here to the forums on my new website without having to completely recreate all the forums that I have done once already. I have tried to completely copy the public_html  folder in my hosting providers FTP from one site and drag it to the other but that causes nothing but problems to my users trying to login seeming it tries to connect to a database that doesn't really exist any longer. Thank you to anyone that puts their time into helping me figure this problem out!

Best regards,
lowheartrate
In settings.php edit your bburl, cookiedomain, and cookiepath. (inc/settings.php)
In ACP repeat the same process by modifying the Board URL settings.
bumping this post
~/inc/config.php file consists of database connecting details. ensure that they are correct
$config['database']['hostname'] = '_________';
$config['database']['username'] = '_________';
$config['database']['password'] = '_________';

[related guidance]