MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8 vs. 2.0 what is addressed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm going insane trying to get some basic functions fixed or addressed.

I have been reading that v2.0 looks far better than 1.8.  I just set up a default theme forum, the only change I made was a base color change in the style sheet and added a new logo.

I have many issues with it:
1) no image auto resizing
2) can't click on image icon to upload images, must go through a counter intuitive attachment box located out side the post box.
3) video upload has a drop down screen, Youtube is listed last, should be first, or no drop down like XenForo or vbulletin
4  when editing posts you loose the edit toolbar for bold, fonts etc., the edit box is small and not the size of the post.  It works on this forum here, but not on mine.
5) no ability to have images or a portfolio of images (other than the Avatar) in a user profile
6) posts are not separated well visually, just a thin line.  I see no options to change this in style sheet default menu options.
7) view new post excludes my own posts.

Question... does V2.0 address any of these?  Bigger question... If I find a developer (I am looking and with no success, which scares me,  I thought this product had worldwide support in the developers community) to write code to address these issues what will happen if I upgrade to v2.0.  BTW, 1.8 is upgradeable, right?

Thanks for any help.

peterofdevon
above things are not related with MyBB 2.0 - you have already posted them at other thread(s).
please have patience. this thread is closed. some other member of Staff might open this & respond
Quote:Bigger question... If I find a developer (I am looking and with no success, which scares me, I thought this product had worldwide support in the developers community) to write code to address these issues what will happen if I upgrade to v2.0. BTW, 1.8 is upgradeable, right?

Any plugins or themes for 1.8 are incompatible with 2.0 as the code for 2.0 is completely rewritten and bears very little similarity to 1.x. The core features in myBB will be merged into 2.0 (users, posts, threads, forums, PMs, reputation, etc) during the upgrade procedure.