MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a Advertisment section on the portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do i add another box on the left to my portal that will contain google adverts.

Thanks
Create a new global template called portal_adv for example with the following
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr><td class="thead"><strong>Adv</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">
<!-- CONTENT HERE -->
</td></tr>
</table><br />

Now in portal template add {$adv} anywhere you want below {$latestthreads} for example

now open portal.php
find
eval("\$portal = \"".$templates->get("portal")."\";");
above it add
eval("\$adv = \"".$templates->get("portal_adv")."\";");
ok how do a make a global template

Thanks for your help so far i dont know what i'd do without all your help
Admin Control Panel > (Left hand panel) Templates > Modify / Delete > Global Templates > Expand

Dr Small
Dr Small Wrote:Admin Control Panel > (Left hand panel) Templates > Modify / Delete > Global Templates > Expand

Dr Small

Actually there is no need to expandToungue there is an add template button next to the expand button

spikescot2005 your welcome
ya ya, i noticed that once I posted... but he got the general idea....

Dr Small
it worked thanks but in the header bit (tittle of the box) it says Adv how can i make that say Advertisments. EDIT: Worked that bit out

And can i centre the adverts.
hmm.. it is simply modifying the new template

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr><td class="thead"><strong>Adv</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">
<!-- CONTENT HERE -->
</td></tr>
</table><br />

see where it says Adv? type Advertisments.
To center the ads.. just put them between a div like this

<div align="center">CONTENT HERE</div>
Thank you very much for your help after loosing everything is getting back together now and looking better then ever.

Just one more question - I have just recieved an email about a sponsor for my site (very excited now) who will pay me to put there banner on all of my forum pages. I would like it to be at the bottom of the forum just above the contact us ect. in a box with a header ''Site Sponsored by...'' and then there banner would be in the center of that box.
At the top of the footer template add

<div align="center"> CONTNET HERE</div>
Pages: 1 2