MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post upgrade login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8.5, all seemed to go well, logged in to admincp checked settings, switched to default theme (changed to default but old theme with updated templates  list is there but I just switched to default theme). Settings and config for bburl, cookie path seem correct to me, I can still login to admincp to see them. It's the frontend, I tried any to login with another browser and then also the browser I was using for the upgrade. The popup login prompt just reappears and I am using correct login:password (it works for admincp access, so far at least). Cleared all browser cookies, same.

Just before it I noticed a couple of things which  may be a clue. Buddy list popup doesn't popup when I was logged in and also the backend 'search' for configurations doesn't search, I have to use 'show all settings'

Any help appreciated

Just in case:
File Verification: No Problems Detected
can we have your forum url ..
(Sorry about that I found the login/ logout thread which was in 1.6 forum and posted there, no reply there so far so appreciate any help)
url I upgraded to test is www.milanmania.com/forumnewsss
basically there should be no need of a cookie prefix. you can add www for the board url and check the login process

admin panel >> configuration >> site details >> Board URL --> http://www.milanmania.com/forumnewsss
Thanks. The prefix was added after my original post, removed it now. Adding www solves the popup issue, the login works , buddy popup shows and more smilies too.

But there is another issue, clicking on smilies (both shown and popup ones) don't get inserted in the post text area.
test user just in case
eey:1234dd
^ looks like a cache issue. have you tried with another browser ?
provide a test user account so that someone can check it
Using Chrome, tried with Firefox (including all browser history removed), still doesn't work.
^ is SCeditor turned off in your forum ? if it is not then you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check
Sent PM
I have never turned it off
Thanks to .m. for help and patience.

For reference if someone has similar problem:
Double check permissions and htaccess (for example if the forum install is in a subfolder with something else like WordPress and its htaccess in root), they may be an issue and different from Apache when the server is using Litespeed. Somehow some went haywire during the upgrade.