MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: only 4 staff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there possible to hide some content from members? So that only staff can see it..

Thanks for all help!
If you mean certain forums, yes. Go to AdminCP> Forum Management>Manage Forums>Forum to dissalow>Permission. There is will give you all the options if they can post, view, and such.

Cheers,
Cool_Guy
And once you do as Cool_Guy said, you will thence need to change the permissions of the forum(s) that you want to be hidden to regular users, and visible to staff members.

That would be found under forum permissions, or, if you are creating a new forum, it will be at the bottom of the page. Just make the visibility for registered / awaiting activation / guests unchecked, and then they shouldn't be able to see it Wink

Dr Small
Oh - sorry guys I didn't explained my point correct!

I ment that if I do some modifications in templates. Such as add ex.link which is only for staff members.

Thanks for all help! Smile
OK, this is possible, but only in the header. Open AdminCP>TEmplates>edit modify templates>template set>expand>header_welcomeback_admin (I think, or somthing like that). That should do it. Wink

Cheers
Oh okey - I noticed that template also.

So sad that it isn't possible to do anywhere else.. Sad Anyway, thanks very much for helping me!
n/p

However, you could request a mod that allows that in the modifications forum here at MyBB. Smile I'm sure someone will be able to make this option for you.

Cheers,
Matt
marxx Wrote:Oh okey - I noticed that template also.

So sad that it isn't possible to do anywhere else.. Sad Anyway, thanks very much for helping me!

There's a "template conditionals" mod that you can use to show only parts of the template to admins. (I don't have a direct link to it offhand so try to search for it, or maybe someone else has it).

Once you install it, you can use something like this in any template:
<if($mybb->usergroup['cancp']=='yes')>
<a href="secret">Secret</a>
</if>
I think there are 2 versions of this modification that have different syntax, so depending on the one you find, you might have to do something like:
<if condition="$mybb->usergroup['cancp']=='yes'">
Now this is what i'm looking for!! Great! Thank you very much for this hint! ...