MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Forum Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mybb 1.8.5 Latest one

Problem: I can't seem to add a new forum in categories not sure why i get this message but it is annoying me i would like some support please thanks.

Plugin i am using: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=457

http://i60.tinypic.com/2rep8hf.png

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'myforumicons_icon' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_forums (`name`,`description`,`linkto`,`type`,`pid`,`parentlist`,`disporder`,`active`,`open`,`allowhtml`,`allowmycode`,`allowsmilies`,`allowimgcode`,`allowvideocode`,`allowpicons`,`allowtratings`,`usepostcounts`,`usethreadcounts`,`requireprefix`,`password`,`showinjump`,`style`,`overridestyle`,`rulestype`,`rulestitle`,`rules`,`defaultdatecut`,`defaultsortby`,`defaultsortorder`) VALUES ('Interior Ideas','Do you have ideas for fittings, furnishings, and sometimes architectural features? this section of the forums is for you.','','f',24,'',1,1,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,'',1,0,0,0,'','',0,'','')
Try a change of line 40 of myforumicons.php to:

$db->add_column('forums', 'myforumicons_icon', 'TEXT DEFAULT "" NOT NULL');
(2015-07-20, 07:48 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Try a change of line 40 of myforumicons.php to:

$db->add_column('forums', 'myforumicons_icon', 'TEXT DEFAULT "" NOT NULL');

I get a new error now..

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1101 - BLOB/TEXT column 'myforumicons_icon' can't have a default value
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_forums ADD myforumicons_icon TEXT DEFAULT "" NOT NULL
OK, delete the addition and also delete NOT NULL. Maybe that will work.
(2015-07-20, 08:13 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]OK, delete the addition and also delete NOT NULL. Maybe that will work.

lol still receiving a different error now could you like modify a version and upload and send me to test thanks.
So you tried:

$db->add_column('forums', 'myforumicons_icon', 'TEXT');

What error message dit you get then?
(2015-07-20, 08:24 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]So you tried:

$db->add_column('forums', 'myforumicons_icon', 'TEXT');

What error message dit you get then?

Hey that seemed to fix it now thank you very much i will send you PM's if any error or anything goes wrong thanks man!
(2015-07-20, 08:29 AM)CodeZero Wrote: [ -> ]i will send you PM's if any error or anything goes wrong.

Better to post it here (or when it is not related to this plugin, in a new thread), so that others can also learn from this.
Possibly this was caused by a difference in MySQL installations, becaise I suppose it workrd for the author.
(2015-07-20, 08:40 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-20, 08:29 AM)CodeZero Wrote: [ -> ]i will send you PM's if any error or anything goes wrong.

Better to post it here (or when it is not related to this plugin, in a new thread), so that others can also learn from this.
Possibly this was caused by a difference in MySQL installations, becaise I suppose it workrd for the author.

That is true i am pretty sure other people probably experienced the same issue as me and either gave up or just didn't have enough motivation to make a post but i am really excited now because you helped me get this plugin to actually function now.
(2015-07-20, 08:42 AM)CodeZero Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-20, 08:40 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]

I am facing the same problem and still i gotta no solution to it can you show me how you solved it