MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What a noob - SQL Error: 1045 - Access denied for user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm a noob.  When setting up my first forum on ipage I used the same username as my wordpress DB when I set up the new mybb DB.  I locked myself out of my site until ipage fixed it.  Now of course I am locked out of mybb but I cannot just reset the password on the mysql db for mybb.  I created another user but I the error I get:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user 'myuser1'@'10.x.x.x' (using password: YES)
Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

myuser1 is what I went through setup with.  How can I fix this? I now have a myuser2 setup in mysql for this db.

Thanks!
~/inc/config.php file consists of the database details. ensure that you have correct details in it
$config['database']['hostname'] = '__________';
$config['database']['username'] = '__________';
$config['database']['password'] = '__________';
(2015-07-20, 04:07 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]~/inc/config.php file consists of the database details. ensure that you have correct details in it
$config['database']['hostname'] = '__________';
$config['database']['username'] = '__________';
$config['database']['password'] = '__________';

I have the same problem trying to log into my site:

MyBB SQL Error
SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user '********'@'localhost' (using password: YES)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I can not log into my site, or upgrade it. I have checked that file, it is correct, the same as it has been for years now. I am trying to upgrade to 1.8.5, I had 1.8.*, 2 upgrades have now passed, 1.8.4 and 1.8.5. (reason for time delay on the updates: medical).

on trying the install, after uploading all required files (I had done this in the past many times, with no problems), I get:

SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user '********'@'localhost' (using password: YES)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
^ @gmonly assuming that you have a legit forum,
you may PM me web host panel login & your forum login details (though forum login may not be working) to check
(2015-07-20, 05:17 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ @gmonly assuming that you have a legit forum,
you may PM me web host panel login & your forum login details (though forum login  may not be working) to check

yes, my forum is a legit forum, I have had the same forum for about 4 or 5 years now, I started it with 1.6.0, and have upgraded it every release. my site still has the mybb links at the bottom of the index page as required by mybb. as for my web host login, I have already put a ticket in my web host about this, I am not sure about giving the login info out to anyone, it is not like I can change that info at any time I want. I can PM you any print screens you want (blocked web hosting private info though, like log in info, or anything containing info about me). I will PM you my forum address, no one can log in, I have tried in a few browsers already. and on a few computers.
Ok, I made progress.  I am basically at the point where I need to start over but my permalinks are all over the place.  I am going to post a new thread.  This really helped.