MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replacing original theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have used various different software, but am wondering if its the same with mybb?

will the plugins still work if using a different theme?
They should, but it is always best to keep the original theme, you can set it so it is only viewable by admins. That way if there is an issue with a plugin you can check it on the original theme. If it works fine there then it is custom theme related.
They should, but it is always best to keep the original theme,

For the project im working on, it cannot be the same colours.

you can set it so it is only viewable by admins.

The theme needs to be viewable by everyone

So in fairness the reply hasnt really helped me
Well, you can use a custom theme.. If you install it before activating plugins, there should be no problems unless the theme is heavily customized.
I fail to see how I have not helped you. The plugins SHOULD work; however some, not all, depend on the template contents and if that is changed for a custom theme then you have to add the variables manually.

You can have many themes - not all need to be visible. As Destroy said, download a theme and try it.
(2015-07-20, 11:12 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I fail to see how I have not helped you. The plugins SHOULD work; however some, not all, depend on the template contents and if that is changed for a custom theme then you have to add the variables manually.

You can have many themes - not all need to be visible. As Destroy said, download a theme and try it.

I guess the easiest thing to do to save any worries would be to just change the colours