MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird themes issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having quite a bit of trouble with a theme I'm designing. I've got an old forum running on IPB 1.3F and I want to convert it to MyBB so I'm doing the whole template/theme by hand into MyBB.

I just started on this and I'm already encountering a problem: the background image won't show.

Here's what I factually know:
  • The template I am editing is set to default, plus in my profile I have the template set so I know I'm not viewing the wrong template as I write this.
  • Yes, I am editing the correct theme/template.
  • I checked the .css file and the code (below) is in there!
  • I have the code below typed in the "Extra CSS Attributes" box under "Body" so it should be working:
    background-image:url(images/hlfbackground.gif);
  • Yes, the image is in the correct place and works when I go to view the image itself.
  • Cleared my cache about 50 times.

Anyone know what might be going on here? AFAIK everything should be working properly, I have absolutely no idea now why the background image refuses to show itself.
Quote:I have the code below typed in the "Extra CSS Attributes" box under "Body" so it should be working:

why body not container? Big Grin the cotainer is above the body (actual body) and in another word hides what's below? unless you have changed something else which i donno
Well, oddly enough I tried putting the exact same code in the "Page Container" and not the "Body Container." But the body container is where I want it because I want the skin to look exactly identical to the original one. The only way I can make them look identical (from the old IPB to the new MyBB) is if the page container and the body both have the same background, but I'm having so many trouble with that at the moment.
There is no body container.. there are body, Page Container and content container you are interest in the both 1st parts not the content container. so for both put the same back ground codes and try.
Have you tried putting your background CSS in the "Background" box instead of the Extra CSS Attributes box?
DennisTT Wrote:Have you tried putting your background CSS in the "Background" box instead of the Extra CSS Attributes box?
The moment I saw your post I thought "bingo" because I had overlooked the "Background" box under the Body Customization area in the theme.

Unfortunately the body background remains unchanged whether I put the code in the "Background" box (as shown in my screenshot below) or in the "Extra CSS Attributes" box.

[Image: mybbproblemhg4.gif]

I don't know if a link to the forum would help at all, but here is where it is installed. As you can see the page container is working correctly, but the body (background-wise of course) is not.
You don't need the "background-image:" part in the box. Just url(...) should work fine.
DennisTT Wrote:You don't need the "background-image:" part in the box. Just url(...) should work fine.
I never would have even guessed on that one, thank you so much for the help!

Also, could I request that you guys don't close this topic for now, *just in case* I happen to run into any other minor issues that wouldn't merit their own topic? Thanks again.
We don't close support threads Smile
DennisTT Wrote:You don't need the "background-image:" part in the box.  Just url(...) should work fine.

Andy,

You should prefix the url( with a background color suitable for your theme,
in case the background pic is missing / damaged for some reason.

viz: #000000 url(etc.....