MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't access my website without www.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to figure out why I can't access myBB webpage without having www. in front of my domain. Usually I can just connect to my website by putting heartfx.org into the server browser. It is extremely inconvenient for both myself and my audience to get to the website like this. I have tried going into my site details configuration and then clearing my cookies but that did not do it for me still. Can someone help me out with this problem please. 

Best regards,
lowheartrate

bumping
at the Site Details you can put Board URL without www and check

if you have already done so and still if it is adding www then you have to check site configuration at your web host panel
contact your web host if you are unable to get it
(2015-07-23, 05:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]at the Site Details you can put Board URL without www and check

if you have already done so and still if it is adding www then you have to check site configuration at your web host panel
contact your web host if you are unable to get it

Where can I check my site configuration? I have removed it to make my board URL http://heartfx.org but still cannot seem to get to the webpage using that.
in general, there will be a redirects section at the web host panel.
and have you checked if www is forced through rewrite rules (eg. through .htaccess file) ?

if you are not sure about site configuration then better to contact web host support
(2015-07-23, 06:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, there will be a redirects section at the web host panel.  
and have you checked if www is forced through rewrite rules (eg. through .htaccess file) ?

if you are not sure about site configuration then better to contact web host support

Hmm I'm not sure here is my .htaccess file - Doesn't look like there is anything there that is forcing the www

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>
^ if direct help required, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & web host control panel
And you can change your credentials later