MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2015-07-23, 07:31 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I unpacked it, but how do I repack it into the .sql.gz?

You don't need to repack it, phpMyAdmin import can also handle non-packed .sql files.

But the first thing now is to open the .sql file in a text editor. Then you must find that complete line starting with /* and ending with */ and delete it. Then save the file and try to import it in phpMyAdmin.

Can you show here the 1st 25 lines of the file?
(2015-07-23, 07:35 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-23, 07:31 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I unpacked it, but how do I repack it into the .sql.gz?

You don't need to repack it, phpMyAdmin import can also handle non-packed .sql files.

But the first thing now is to open the .sql file in a text editor. Then you must find that complete line starting with /* and ending with */ and delete it. Then save the file and try to import it in phpMyAdmin.

Can you show here the 1st 25 lines of the file?

-- MySQL dump 10.13  Distrib 5.1.57, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64)
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: a7707238_getRekt
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version	5.1.57
/*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;
/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

--
-- Table structure for table `mybb_adminlog`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `mybb_adminlog`;
/*!40101 SET @saved_cs_client     = @@character_set_client */;
/*!40101 SET character_set_client = utf8 */;
CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` (
  `uid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `ipaddress` varbinary(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `dateline` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `module` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `action` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `data` text NOT NULL,
  KEY `module` (`module`,`action`),
  KEY `uid` (`uid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
/*!40101 SET character_set_client = @saved_cs_client */;

--
To start with, you could completely delete the line which caused the error message:

And then try to load the backup again.

But I fear that all the lines starting with /* and ending with */ must be removed. That cannot be done with a normal text editor. With knowledge of unix this will be possible, otherwise a small php program can handle that.

How large is the .sql file?
(2015-07-23, 09:08 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]To start with, you could completely delete the line which caused the error message:

And then try to load the backup again.

But I fear that all the lines starting with /* and ending with */ must be removed. That cannot be done with a normal text editor. With knowledge of unix this will be possible, otherwise a small php program can handle that.

How large is the .sql file?

3.17 MB

And it starts loading and then goes to a complete white page. I had this problem before with .sql files.
(2015-07-24, 12:22 AM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]3.17 MB

I think you still have my e-mail address. Can you send it as e-mail attachment?

I will see that I can remove all these weird lines.
(2015-07-24, 07:47 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 12:22 AM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]3.17 MB

I think you still have my e-mail address. Can you send it as e-mail attachment?

I will see that I can remove all these weird lines.

I can, but the problem still stands that I get a white screen every time I upload a .sql.
Is there anyway I can try to repack it and see if that works?
(2015-07-24, 04:01 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway I can try to repack it and see if that works?

That's what I want to achieve by removing all lines that start with /* and end with */ (these are intended as comment lines I think, but they still cause trouble).
(2015-07-24, 04:22 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 04:01 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway I can try to repack it and see if that works?

That's what I want to achieve by removing all lines that start with /* and end with */ (these are intended as comment lines I think, but they still cause trouble).

E-Mailing it to you now.
(2015-07-24, 04:59 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]E-Mailing it to you now.

I received it, and changed all lines starting with /* into real comment (lines starting wit --).
I imported this file into my database without any errors. I sent it back by e-mail, try it.
(2015-07-24, 06:45 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 04:59 PM)SilentThief Wrote: [ -> ]E-Mailing it to you now.

I received it, and changed all lines starting with /* into real comment (lines starting wit --).
I imported this file into my database without any errors. I sent it back by e-mail, try it.

Still get this white page.

[Image: TP7tYFK.png]
Pages: 1 2 3