MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please continue updates for 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are no changes in 1.8 that would affect Google rankings at all. Nothing has changed to affect that, so no idea why you'd see that - perhaps it was a coincidence? I've not seen anybody else complain of the same issue either.
(2015-07-29, 03:13 PM)freeeducation365 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 06:30 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 03:27 PM)freeeducation365 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that you have mention that support / updates for 1.6 going to stop on September 2015. But we have many issue with 1.8 when convert 1.6 to 1.8.

So I am requesting to continue for update for this version also.

Thanks

What issues are you experiencing with 1.8? September is still a nice time frame to put in some fixes (as of course, anyone can contribute) so your best bet is to describe what you're having issues with.

The Biggest issue is My site visitor went down by 50% after upgrade to 1.8.

Then I restore my old database and install 1.6 again. Now my visitors are increasing. The Problem was My site didn't appear well in Google Search results.

(2015-07-24, 06:30 PM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 03:27 PM)freeeducation365 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that you have mention that support / updates for 1.6 going to stop on September 2015. But we have many issue with 1.8 when convert 1.6 to 1.8.

So I am requesting to continue for update for this version also.

Thanks

What issues are you experiencing with 1.8? September is still a nice time frame to put in some fixes (as of course, anyone can contribute) so your best bet is to describe what you're having issues with.

The Biggest issue is My site visitor went down by 50% after upgrade to 1.8.

Then I restore my old database and install 1.6 again. Now my visitors are increasing. The Problem was My site didn't appear well in Google Search results.

I also had issued with themes and plugin. But most plugin can fix

We upgraded our forum from 1.6 -> 1.8 and the traffic didn't drop. We kept pretty much everything the same besides the forum theme. You have to be sure that you didn't change any settings or any settings changed on you without your doing.

Also, our traffic doubled in the coming months after. Some of it was SEO work.
which day release mybb 2.0
(2015-07-30, 06:40 PM)Raslansayyidi Wrote: [ -> ]which day release mybb 2.0

When it's ready. A MyBB release is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.
Pages: 1 2