MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [DONE!]Restricted signature image size and restricted amount of images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When people insert an image for their signature, make it so that it cant go over a set amount of pixels/resolution(This being configurable).

Also restrict how many images each user group gets to put in there signature
OK, for me this is not an easy one, but I like challenges.

So I will give it a try, but as we say here: warranty up to the door.
I will report here about progress.
Thanks!
OK, I have finished it, and tested it as good as possible. Try it out, and give your comments. Attached a zip file with 2 files, 1 for inc/plugins and 1 for inc/languages/english/admin.

The maximum dimensions of the images in signatures can be set in:

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Plugin Settings (bottom of page) ->Settings for Images in Signatures

The maximum number of images for usergroups can be set in:

AdminCP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Choose/click Group -> Tab Miscellaneous -> Maximum number of images in signature

Try it and give your comments here.
This was the first time for me to make changes in AdminCP, and firtst I thought I could not make it without core changes. But at the end it has become a 100% plugin solution.
I've learned a lot, and enjoyed it!!!

EDIT
I corrected a minor error, which caused no problems.

EDIT 2
Attachment removed because of bug
It works Thanks! My suggestion is that you can restrict the size of the images for every user group rather than restricting the size for everyone. For example, the registered user group max signature size is 200 by 200 while VIP gets the max of 500 or something. Again Thanks.
(2015-07-30, 04:17 AM)Non anonymous Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion is that you can restrict the size of the images for every user group rather than restricting the size for everyone.

OK, I will look at that. I think this will be in the weekend or some later, at present I'm working on another interesting project Smile .
OK, it's ready and you can now specify maximum image sizes of images in signatures per user group.

Attached the zip file.

Install it and try it out. I'm curious to hear whether I missed things with testing.
Maybe I installed it wrong, but it shows http://gyazo.com/f0ef400358a6d6675b7682ff5172d092 In the active plugins area. However it still seems to work http://gyazo.com/ed298d9c5936adf86de02123ee3d3ccb
I just installed this plugin. I get the same issue. It does not show that it's installed and activated, however I cannot access the settings. Obviously because I did not have the previous version installed hehe. This plugin looks super useful. @Ad bakker I love your work, you make awesome plugins Big Grin

Is this possible for avatars as well? To limit their file sizes and image size per group?
(2015-08-01, 11:55 PM)Archangel777 Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed this plugin. I get the same issue. It does not show that it's installed and activated, however I cannot access the settings. Obviously because I did not have the previous version installed hehe. This plugin looks super useful. @Ad bakker I love your work, you make awesome plugins Big Grin

Is this possible for avatars as well? To limit their file sizes and image size per group?

This was made for sginatures, but Ad baker could probably do that.
Pages: 1 2 3