MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum page sometimes doesn't load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This suddently started happening today. I installed my forum yesterday and everything was working fine, but now sometimes the forum page doesn't load. Most of the time I need to refresh the page to see changes, but sometimes it also freezes. My forum is just a fresh MyBB forum with a custom theme installed (this also happens with the default one). I even tried to redo the forum from scratch in case I messed up something but that didn't fix the problem either.

URL: pentagonfpsforums.tk

Update: This seems to be only happening in Chrome. Tested on Firefox and IE and they don't have this bug. Would really appreciate a response as this bug is not letting me use my forum correctly.
Last week it rains complaints related with Chrome. For the time being I would keep away from it.
Seems to be loading fine for me on Chrome.
Try clearing your chrome's cache.
(2015-07-26, 08:32 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to be loading fine for me on Chrome.

Most complaints were after installing the most recent version. I have no experience further, because I use Firefox on a Mac, and Chrome is a desaster because it seems to be overtaken by spammers.
Thanks for the responses, today it's working fine. I don't think it has to do with chrome's cache as I tried that before and that didn't fix the problem. Looks like it happens at random times. I would use Firefox but I'm already used to Chrome and it is also one of the most if not the most popular web browser, so having my forum not work on it is not an option for me.
If anyone else is having problems with this, it's to do with the new Google Chrome update.

Simple go to your global.css and remove the following
Quote:@font-face {
~~~~~
~~~
}
Then try hard refreshing the browser a few times, it might take about 15 minutes to update but removing that code should fix it!
(2015-07-26, 10:54 PM)jayy Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone else is having problems with this, it's to do with the new Google Chrome update.

Simple go to your global.css and remove the following
Quote:@font-face {
~~~~~
~~~
}
Then try hard refreshing the browser a few times, it might take about 15 minutes to update but removing that code should fix it!

My global.css doesn't have that.
Here it is if you want to take a look: http://textuploader.com/adovb