MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't seem to edit user settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, logged in as admin, I tried to give myself an avatar and after I selected one with the browse button, I tried to Save user but then got this message:

The following errors were encountered:

• The password you entered as confirmation does not match the original one. Please confirm your password correctly.

I have no idea why it would think my own password wasn't confirmed, I've been using the account for days with no problem.  So I typed in the password to confirm it several times, logging in, changing it, confirming, etc. and no matter what I do I get the error message and no avatar loading.  I made sure I was using an optimized gif less than 25k and 100 X 100 as required for the upload.

I did notice it will hold a setting change, such as able to receive private messages from other users, even though I get this error message ... but no avatar loading.  I tried loading an avatar for my test user within the admin cp and same error.

Any thoughts on how I can let the system know my password is confirmed?  I've confirmed it several times now.

Thanks in advance!
I also have this regularly. When I change a member via:

AdminCP -> Users & Groups (Users) -> click member name -> tab profile

I see that the 1st password field contains data, where it should be blank. When I clear the contents of the 1st password field, there are no problems when changes of this user's data are saved. The password remains unchanged and the changes are stored.

This does not happen always, but very regularly.
Yes that worked! You have to clear the 1st password field data. So I guess the programmers here might want to consider it a bug because having that password data automatically appear seems to be the problem.

I also notice I can change the avatar once loaded but still get the error message.

Thanks!
There's no code in MyBB that would fill in the password input automatically.

There are two possibilities:
- your browser is set to remember the password in the input - check if the field is filled another browser, if yes, turn that off in the other browser's settings
- you use some kind of plugin which inserts it - provide a list of all plugins
(2015-08-01, 05:37 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]- your browser is set to remember the password in the input - check if the field is filled another browser, if yes, turn that off in the other browser's settings

In my case this is the cause, thank you!