MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 error on some parts of forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Lately, when trying to edit/add MyCodes and then hitting Submit, editing the users in the Admin CP by clicking the button on their profile and also trying to view the PHP Info page results in a 404 error (our 404 error page is set to our homepage, so it technically redirects to the homepage as the 404 error).
I've checked the File Verification page to see if it was just some missing/changed/corrupt files but the only changed file is "jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/mybb.css" which is just a CSS file, and the only missing files/directory is the install folder, which is a necessity to delete (atleast that's what the install asked me to do).

Any help is appreciated,
thanks!
does error 403 also redirect to index page ? is inline moderation working fine ?
Yeah, Inline Moderation works fine. Error 403 doesn't redirect to the homepage (again, the reason it redirects to the homepage is because the 404 page is set to the index).
You're on a free x10hosting - that's your problem. You can't expect any free hosting to have a perfect uptime.
I never said anything about downtimes though, it's the functions that don't work.
looks like rewrite rules used for the wordpress site are affecting some of the forum URLs
you can check it by temporarily disabling those rules (eg. rename rules file - .htaccess => htaccess.wp)
Thanks for the reply, but I tried that (renaming WordPress' .htaccess to htaccess.wp) and I'm still having these problems.

Actually, that did work. Thank you for the help.
^ hmm., may be its related to varnish (I've no experience with it)
I'd suggest to contact your web host and seek support regarding 404 errors at sub-directory level