MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change the forum sub-forum view?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To make this brief,

The way the sub forums are displayed in the main page is currently something like this,:
[Image: image.png]

This takes too much space, which looks odd, as forums which have subforums are displayed longer than those that do not.

How do I make it look something like this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
which theme you are using ? provide forum url so that someone can check it
(2015-07-31, 04:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which theme you are using ? provide forum url so that someone can check it

Sorry, it's 1point8 by iAndrew. 
This is the URL: http://testgfxforum.byethost9.com/

I haven't started on it much, as I'm still testing out most stuff, but I will begin it soon.
navigate to global.css of the theme through admin panel & edit in advanced mode - at the bottom add below style properties & save global.css
.subforumicon {
  display: inline;
  margin-left: 4px;
}
visit your forum index page & hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) and check if it helps
(2015-07-31, 04:38 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]navigate to global.css of the theme through admin panel & edit in advanced mode - at the bottom add below style properties & save global.css
.subforumicon {
  display: inline;
  margin-left: 4px;
}
visit your forum index page & hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) and check if it helps

This is better. But, how do I add the box beside the forum title for the subforums (Something like what's in the second picture)?
in general, forum viewers (currently browsing) is listed next to forum title - so I do not recommend modifying it

yet, if you like to check then navigate to forumbit_depth2_forum template and move {$subforums} to next to forum title like below
<a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><div class="smalltext">{$subforums}</div>

you may also have to remove break line (<br />) at the beginning of forumbit_subforums template (in Forum Bit Templates)
(2015-08-01, 09:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, forum viewers (currently browsing) is listed next to forum title - so I do not recommend modifying it

yet, if you like to check then navigate to forumbit_depth2_forum template and move {$subforums} to next to forum title like below
<a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><div class="smalltext">{$subforums}</div>

you may also have to remove break line (<br />) at the beginning of forumbit_subforums template (in Forum Bit Templates)

The forums look quite uniform now, thanks.
However, is there anyway to add a box and make the text slightly smaller like 

Right now, it doesn't look quite right:

Thanks for your time anyway.