MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with website (nothing updates until manual "F5" refresh)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently, I moved my website from http://www.pokemonforum.org to http://www.pokemontalk.com and ever since, on the new website, it looks like nothing updates correctly.

For instance, I click "Log Out", and then I browse around, and it keeps me logged in. When I hit "refresh" the updates are applied and it marks me as a guest.

I've never seen behavior like this before. I know I had to export/import the database, uninstall all the plugins, etc, but this is really confusing behavior. I need to clean my db settings table or something, as I really think this might be configuration related.

Also, my cookie domain is .pokemontalk.com and path is / so I don't think that's the issue. Besides that, if this were a cookie issue, I shouldn't even be able to do anything then, and a refresh with F5 shouldn't work.
It seems like the caching is too aggressive.

You might temporarily try adding this to your .htaccess file to disable it:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
Check if you have any similar rules present - .php files shouldn't be cached by default, so it might be a good idea to contact your hosting/server support.
(2015-07-31, 07:35 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like the caching is too aggressive.

You might temporarily try adding this to your .htaccess file to disable it:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
Check if you have any similar rules present - .php files shouldn't be cached by default, so it might be a good idea to contact your hosting/server support.

I contacted my host. They do not cache anything on the server by default, so that's good on their end.

I did notice that when I disable caching in chrome debugger, the site functions properly again. I think something is causing the browser to cache this way.
I have the exact same problem after moving to another host (same domain/path) and upgrading to 1.8.5. My cookie settings are set correctly... It's just not updating anything (ACP included) until you manually refresh in the browser.

Adding what you wrote helped solve the issue but I'm not sure what caused it as host settings are usual and php is 5.4. It's happening since the update so it might be 1.8.5 bug?