MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8 Plugins Compatible With 2.0 PLZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My biggest problem is that What if 2.0 doesn't support Old Plugins Confused

Not COol ?
MyBB 2.0 is a complete re-write of the software. It will not be backwards compatible with plugins from the 1.x series.
Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad 

I mean its a good idea to make 1.8 plugins work with 2 because Some people have successful forums .

Does It Support Jquery or Javascript 

It would be great if it was technologically reasonable. It's not though. The architecture of the plugin system will be significantly different.
(2015-08-02, 11:52 AM)Nightfade Wrote: [ -> ]Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad 

I mean its a good idea to make 1.8 plugins work with 2 because Some people have successful forums .

popular plugins will be rewritten for 2.0 if the need is there. a lot of the currently popular plugins are going to be included in mybb 2.0 by default (seo urls, likes, alerts, tagging, etc.)
(2015-08-02, 11:52 AM)Nightfade Wrote: [ -> ]Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad 

so continue using 1.8...
for now i not have plan to upgrade to 2.0 too.
major thing already confirmed to 2.0 it's possible with 1.8 using plugin.
and for me 1.8 is excellent enough.
personally do not have enough differential to upgrade as i already said here http://community.mybb.com/thread-169870-...pid1163714 .
differencial for me would be something that would not give to make using plugin.

And plugin system of 1.x series is great. Possible made plugin with only one file in plugin folder. Using flamework not possible i think need create several files like phpbb and for me much more complicated than 1.x series MyBB plugin system (need Controllers, Routing etc...) to creation of plugin.
We've talked about multiple files in a directory before, martec. This would logically separate different types of code for easier editing in the long run. There are also some plugin authors (like Euan) who already use an approach kind of similar to what I think we're envisioning. It will still be easy to create plugins, but just a bit different syntactically and organizationally.
(2015-08-03, 04:49 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]We've talked about multiple files in a directory before, martec. This would logically separate different types of code for easier editing in the long run. There are also some plugin authors (like Euan) who already use an approach kind of similar to what I think we're envisioning. It will still be easy to create plugins, but just a bit different syntactically and organizationally.

If similar of phpbb extension system, so for me more complicated.
It'll still be possible to create plugins with a single file, no idea where you got that from. We're still using a system like the hooks system, just cleaning it up and improving it (eg: multiple parameters for hook functions).
(2015-08-03, 06:26 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It'll still be possible to create plugins with a single file, no idea where you got that from. We're still using a system like the hooks system, just cleaning it up and improving it (eg: multiple parameters for hook functions).

I think because of mybb 2.0 using framework need several files to create extension...
Too something like controller, routing for me only complicate than simplifcate... if not need controller or something like so ok...
Pages: 1 2 3