MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Terms Of Service for certain user groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I saw this before but I never found it. Ex if your not registered as a guest you will have a little pop saying you should sing in blah blah blah, but once they've been on the site once it doesnt pop up again(unless they clean up there cache i guess) Then lets say somebody signed up from guest. They would be getting the same thing guest got but with different words. So kinda like the announcements mod, but it has a window and shows up one time after each promotion you get.
if you want to show a notice to the guest that they should be registered to see many of part of the forum use this plugin :
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=329
(2015-08-02, 06:05 AM)iturdu Wrote: [ -> ]if you want to show a notice to the guest that they should be registered to see many of part of the forum use this plugin :
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=329

Not really what im looking for
(2015-08-02, 06:52 AM)Non anonymous Wrote: [ -> ]Not really what im looking for

Then your question requires some more explanation.

As I read it you consider several kinds of guests, but as far as I know there is only one type of guest. That is the one with usergroup 1 and who has internally a user uid equal to 0. Perhaps I have missed something, but then I would be glad to be corrected.
Guest as in people who arent registered, when they join the website for the first time, a small box appears saying you should sign in and you can do this and find us here. Now they wont see that terms of service thing again unless they were to delete the cache. Now when they register, they get put in to the user group registered of course. They will get a pop of message as before like a guest, but with different words and images. So like I said kinda like an announcement mod but as a 1 time box thing after each user group change.