MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to have SEO friendly URLs in my MyBB forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When searching about this in the Google, I find this thread - http://community.mybb.com/thread-168649.html

The author 'Leefish' has given a GitHub page to download a plugin and stated that it will work on MyBB 1.8.4 (I'm using MyBB 1.8.5).

Then I had installed all the files of the plugin to the correct folders and visited Admin CP -> Plugins page but I can't see the plugin under the "Inactive Plugins".

Later I found that the plugin requires PluginLibrary 11, so I uploaded it. But it says
This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.8.5

So, I again searched Google but where people tells "change the compatibility, from "16*" to "16*,18*" & "I went ahead and transferred over the plugin file and updated the compatibility in the plugin from "16*" to "1*" so it can be used". But they didn't explain the method of how to do it!

Is there anyone to help me?
After how many threads can I expect a good traffic from Google?
Google SEO plugin downloaded from GitHub should work for MyBB 1.8.x (requires PluginLibrary 12)

Quote:After how many threads can I expect a good traffic from Google
that is difficult to say. in general, if your forum has regular new content then you can get better SEO
PluginLibrary (12) = This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.8.5
^ you can ignore that incompatibility message. there is no need to activate it
(however you may change its compatibility)
.m. Wrote:Google SEO plugin downloaded from GitHub should work for MyBB 1.8.x (requires PluginLibrary 12)

Quote:After how many threads can I expect a good traffic from Google
that is difficult to say. in general, if your forum has regular new content then you can get better SEO

.m. Wrote:^ you can ignore that incompatibility message. there is no need to activate it
(however you may change its compatibility)
I've changed the compatibility but when I clicks the "Install & Activate", it just reloads the same page.

I can't see the "Google SEO plugin" in either 'Active Plugins' or under the 'InActive Plugins' even though I had installed all the files in the mentioned folder.
^ assuming that you have a legit forum, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it