MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Login in my CP after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I've a problem with mybb forum (forum.mr-malt.it)

I've successful updated it from 1.6.7 to 1.8.5, but after that I can't navigate into my cp account because after every click the system ask again for the login.

I've already tried to update the ./inc/settings.php to:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "forum.mr-malt.it";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

and clean the cache without any results.

Could you please support me?

Thank you.
To be sure, check alse your settings via:

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Site Details
(2015-08-04, 10:21 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]To be sure, check alse your settings via:

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Site Details

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately I cannot reach that page because the system continue to ask for login, and after I put all the details I receive the page like the screen.
[Image: screen.jpg]
try using .mr-malt.it as cookie domain & /forum/ as cookie path
first change in ~/inc/settings.php file and then immediately log into forum admin panel & change them at Site Details

more details --> http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login/
(2015-08-04, 11:14 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]try using .mr-malt.it as cookie domain & /forum/ as cookie path
first change in ~/inc/settings.php file and then immediately log into forum admin panel & change them at Site Details

more details --> http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login/

Thank you .m.
No luck also with this procedure. I've also tried to cancel settings file and let the system recreate it.
Confused
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (though forum
login might not be working). you can give your own credentials and change them later
Your previous settings were almost correct, but you always need a dot at the beginning. So:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".forum.mr-malt.it"; // can also be .mr-malt.it
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";

/forum/ won't work as the cookie path because the forum isn't placed in that subfolder.