MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FIXED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thread won't delete? I check mark the thread I wanna delete but it looks like this [Image: 8e14d34d91776487ac23602dc4840fb9.png]
i generally just delete my threads directly form the data base look for the data base open phpmydamin search for mbb_threads then shearch for part of post or and just delet directly form the db the thred should go away

(2015-08-05, 02:39 PM)rocket Wrote: [ -> ]i generally just delete my threads directly form the data base look for the data base open phpmydamin search for mbb_threads then shearch for part of post or  and just delet directly form the db the thred should go away

just tested it out it works by deleting form db
which version of MyBB you are using and which theme ? can we have forum url

@rocket that is not right method to delete threads
and what is the error message say by chance
The website is just a LAN site atm and I'm going to try and see if the theme needs some versions in the XML updated

This always happens on every forum I get.

every them I mean
same here it is the way u are trying to delete the thread have u tried open the thred then deleting the post if i rember my bee should ask if u want to delete the thread as well

(2015-08-05, 02:52 PM)rocket Wrote: [ -> ]same here it is the way u are trying to delete the thread have u tried open the thred then deleting the post if i rember my bb should ask if u want to delete the thread as well

here is query for that

DELETE FROM your data base name here.mbb_threads WHERE mbb_threads.tid =the tid number of post here" tid should only be number
As .m. said, a single query is not a correct way to delete a thread. MyBB executes at least 15 queries to remove polls, attachments, posts, etc. and to rebuild user/forum/global counters.

And your problem is because of using an outdated theme. You can try any 1.8 theme from here: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
but i for got to say if u don't know what u are doing i would backup the database first but i dont see any harm in the query

Destory666 is right it is not the correct way of doing it but it is easier and faster and still works the same way on my forum