MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bcrypt > md5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I followed a tutorial on how to switch from md5 to Bcrypt, once I was done I could login but it would basically log me out right after i've logged in.

So I switched over to the original files (md5) again, plus I used a DB from yesterday to make sure we're using md5 passwords again. But nope, it won't even work now with the original files plus the DB from yesterday with md5 hash.

So, have I missed something? im lost...  Confused
Bumping this up. We need help.
Can you post a link to that tutorial or list what changes exactly you have done (files, database, converting)?
(2015-08-06, 08:56 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post a link to that tutorial or list what changes exactly you have done (files, database, converting)?
Bump for Akay Smile Really want this forum fixed.
I wasn't able to reproduce any problems - neither after applying the modifications or reverting them.
Make sure that all of your files come from the original package; does the password column (*users table) of the user you were testing it under actually have the old md5 value now (bcrypt hashes contain $ sign and uppercase characters)?
(2015-08-06, 09:47 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't able to reproduce any problems - neither after applying the modifications or reverting them.
Make sure that all of your files come from the original package; does the password column (*users table) of the user you were testing it under actually have the old md5 value now (bcrypt hashes contain $ sign and uppercase characters)?

Yes, it did contain the md5 hash, no bcrypt. Also I replaced the files I edited with MyBB's original ones. So I have no idea why it's not working... this happenend after I implented Bcrypt too (logged in > you get logged out)
Does your browser still hold the mybbuser cookie after a successful login? It should contain the user ID and the loginkey value (same as in the database), separated by an underscore.
(2015-08-06, 11:31 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Does your browser still hold the mybbuser cookie after a successful login? It should contain the user ID and the loginkey value (same as in the database), separated by an underscore.

eDIT:

Yes, i can see the cookie. But it doesn't tell me that much :/
(2015-08-06, 11:31 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Does your browser still hold the mybbuser cookie after a successful login? It should contain the user ID and the loginkey value (same as in the database), separated by an underscore.

Using the EditMyCookie plugin I don't believe it does.
Pages: 1 2