MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Normal/Sticky threads & Announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if anyone suggest this, it's a silly thing but it saves a lot of space I think... (And probably, a few templates too).

Instead of divide the threads in two categories (normal and sticky) and also the announcements too, why don't put all of them together, with a different colour?

Something like...

[Image: YVHa0Ue.png]

Greetings.
that's how it's set up on my custom 1.8 theme and it looks a lot better, IMHO.
Well, imo it's not better and doesn't save any space (other than one bar). I think it is good as it is now and you can see immediately which threads are pinned, even when you are not on the first page.
(2015-08-08, 08:09 AM)Exception Wrote: [ -> ]Well, imo it's not better and doesn't save any space (other than one bar). I think it is good as it is now and you can see immediately which threads are pinned, even when you are not on the first page.

You know you have specific templates only with 2 <td> to say "Normal threads", "Sticky threads" and "Announcements", right?
(2015-08-08, 08:09 AM)Exception Wrote: [ -> ]Well, imo it's not better and doesn't save any space (other than one bar). I think it is good as it is now and you can see immediately which threads are pinned, even when you are not on the first page.

it's very dated looking and unnecessary.

as envy pointed out, highlighting the threads is a simple way to improve it's look while still being effective.
Also, I think you can still see the sticky threads and announcements if you aren't on the first page... This is only a suggestion for improvement (a little bit).

Cheers.