MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: link to a youtube video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have a MyBB forum and I want if people click on my name they go to another link (ex. youtube)
How do I do this? Do I have to edit it in the postbit_classic or where?
so instead of showing your forum profile, it should redirect to youtube link - is that right ?
if so, you can use url redirect through .htaccess - please search on net for the htaccess redirect rule
(2015-08-08, 07:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]so instead of showing your forum profile, it should redirect to youtube link - is that right ?
if so, you can use url redirect through .htaccess - please search on net for the htaccess redirect rule

Yes, that's what I want but isn't there an easyier way like just editing the templates?
though it can be done, simple method is to use required link as your home page at your profile & as your signature.

if you insist to modify your user name link at the posts then you have to use template conditionals plugin
with above plugin installed, in postbit templates you can replace {$post['profilelink']} with code like below
<if $post['uid'] == 1 then>
<a href="required youtube link">Slyy</a>
<else>
{$post['profilelink']}</if>