MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help! Restoring SQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I exported to SQL, and I am wondering if I could upload it(restore it). There is a script or something that I can use, correct?

Anyway, was going to upgrade to 1.2.3, and it said to "also use the upgrader". So I thought the installer would recognize the data already there and prompt me if I wanted to create the defaults. Instead, it wiped everything. >_>

Luckily, I exported the database to SQL, on my computer. I can use the file to restore the database, correct?

If so, please help me out! If not, well I'm done with MyBB.
You can use phpMyAdmin to restore it Smile More details here: [Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

As for your second problem. You don't go to the 'installer' as that will indeed install a new forum. You need to go to install/upgrade.php
Yeah, I figured that out when everything was pretty much destroyed.

Now, on the restoring issue. It throws an error that says that it can't create the database since it already exists. Do I need to change something in the file so it will just overwrite?

EDIT: Okay, I got it restored Smile
If you have any more problems feel free to start a new thread Smile