MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Fields Don't Appear on Registration Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Board 1.8.5

I'm new here and have found every answer to my questions using the search function, except this one!

I have set some custom profile fields for users to fill out when registering, however, they don't appear on the forum. When a user tries to register however, an error appears stating that they didn't fill out the required info., even though it doesn't appear on the form.

I've disable the custom fields for now and that solved the problem.

Any ideas how to solve?
AdminCP -> Configuration ->Custom Profile Fields (left column) -> for field Options -> Edit Field

Are you sure that both Required? and Show on Registration? are set to "yes"?
(2015-08-10, 08:33 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP -> Configuration ->Custom Profile Fields (left column) -> for field Options -> Edit Field

Are you sure that both Required? and Show on Registration? are set to "yes"?

Yes. See the three screen shots below and see what you think?

[Image: A1.png]

^ all the boxes are checked

[Image: A2.png]

^ Those security questions don't show on the registration form (disregard the security question)

[Image: A3.png]
^ Users cannot register due to the missing fields not being filled in.
Strange, I just had a look at the registration part of the member.php script, but cannot find a possible cause. Perhaps somebody of the technical staff recognizes this.

In the meantime you could run "File Verification" from AdminCP -> Tools & Maintenance to see whether there are deviating php scripts. Do not pay attention to possible scrips from the /install directory.
(2015-08-11, 08:11 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Strange, I just had a look at the registration part of the member.php script, but cannot find a possible cause. Perhaps somebody of the technical staff recognizes this.

In the meantime you could run "File Verification" from AdminCP -> Tools & Maintenance to see whether there are deviating php scripts. Do not pay attention to possible scrips from the /install directory.

Ran the report as you have advised - nothing is missing.
Is the option 'viewable' set to Yes?
(2015-08-12, 07:05 AM)ArneVD Wrote: [ -> ]Is the option 'viewable' set to Yes?

viewable is not a column of table profilefields, viewebleby is and is set here to staff only (at least that is what the comment suggests).
This is an odd one that I can't seem to figure out. I think that I'll upload 1.8.5 again, even though nothing seems to be missing and the doesn't have any issues.
Had the same problem and found the answer, set Viewable By and Editable By to all groups. As you are registering as Guest unless those two setting allow guest to view and edit you won't see the custom field.