MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Most variables not working on forumdisplay_thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am encountering a strange problem, although debug output shows that the forumdisplay script runs up to the end, it stops when the output is displayed. And then only when the line where the fid is extracted from the sql query result is there. Without this line it runs normal.

I have to study this further. There is another starnge thing, and that is that sometimes more results are found (4) by the query to the fid, where this should always be 1. But this I cannot check because I cannot reach the database through phpMyAdmin.

This lasts considerably longer than expected Sad .
Why can't you reach the database through phpMyAdmin?
OK, it seems to run now. Please check!!

Now showthread is doing strange. Even before I've done something it goes on blank when I click a thread in forumdisplay. I only made a minor change in the template.

Strange.......
Probably of plugin/theme conflicts?
(2015-08-17, 07:15 PM)XP Mai Wrote: [ -> ]Probably of plugin/theme conflicts?

I have asked in plugin development, and am busy preparing a documented showcase.
Please fix the showthread, and I made a full backup before giving you the credentials. So it may help you.

(but dont restore the site from full backup because I did some things afterwards).
(2015-08-17, 08:16 PM)XP Mai Wrote: [ -> ]Please fix the showthread, and I made a full backup before giving you the credentials. So it may help you.

(but dont restore the site from full backup because I did some things afterwards).

I am getting a bit mad of this problem Huh . I only made changes to forumdisplay.php and showthread.php, and minor changes to the 2 templates involved.

Just after forumdisplay seemed to work OK, it appeared that showthread.php did no longer give output (blank page). I had a lot of debug output showing that all things went good until the page had to be displayed.
And now all of the sudden showthread.php doesn't even start up anymore and the debug output is no longer produced, so it seems as if the script is not starting up.

Besides the templates I did not make any changes that cause any database changes.

I just have the feeling that the whole system is not really stable. I think I'll have a night sleep over this Angry .
I think it was my fault because I continued to design the showthread template while you were working and made a PHP syntax error.

I was (little bit) certain because after you declared showthread was broken, it was a night after I had continued designing. In addiction to the fact that only that particular forum was affected because it was using custom template.

Today I'm free and went back to check thoroughly and found out I didn't put curly brackets for a variable, so it looked like this: $thread['fid10']
I cannot say I'm happy with you. While I got inconsistent results you were changing things.

But I added the php parts again to forumdisplay and showthread. The only thing that is still wrong is the profilelink of the thread starter. I will look where I can dig that up.

OK done, this ia the end of a long week.
Please change your passwords for your own safety feeling.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5