MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just two little features could make a big difference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMHO Mybb could make an enormous difference just by allowing users to upload more photos in their profile and prividing a good memberlist search form, where people could search by location or any other field. This could make Mybb an hybrid between forum and social network. Growing communities would be much easier by allowing low tech expertise users using common features in dating/frieds social networks while they discover that forums are conversation-centered.

I'm sorry for my broken english, I did my best Toungue
Both could be easily achieved with plugins. And I don't think the first is must be a core feature of MyBB. MyBB is primarily a forum and not a social network, like Facebook. Also most of the users won't even use or require this feature.
Attachments will be getting a major overhaul for 2.0, but from what you're saying I guess you're asking for a gallery system? If so, that certainly won't be in the core (MyBB aims to be a forum software, not a do-everything-possible software).