MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the "Agreement" for registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I was just searching for solutions until I stumpled into this problem.

When I edit the text in -> $l['agreement_1'] = "text";

The file would screw up the board. I'd get an error like this:

Sad

EDIT:

Found the solution - I edited the files in Dream Weaver instead of Notepad & it worked perfectly! Thanks anyway!
Usually it happens with notepad... it leaves a blank line above <?php which causes this error.
lan7 Wrote:Hello everyone, I was just searching for solutions until I stumpled into this problem.

When I edit the text in -> $l['agreement_1'] = "text";

The file would screw up the board. I'd get an error like this:

Sad

EDIT:

Found the solution - I edited the files in Dream Weaver instead of Notepad & it worked perfectly! Thanks anyway!

So how'd you get to change the user agreement then?

Thanks,
- Poomie
Use the Language Editor in the Admin CP...
Or use a different editor, like Wordpad
DennisTT Wrote:Or use a different editor, like Wordpad

Actually I was using Wordpad since when I run these files in Notepad everything doesn't isn't align'd in the proper way.

I just saved it with Dream Weaver, you should be able to download a 30 days trial if you wanna try that program out. It's fantastic.
Another free editor that should work is Crimson Editor (Google it)
I like Vim, which is also free! But it's so easy to edit the language files in ACP. It's in the member.lang.php file and then scroll about half way down (five sections: agreement_1 through agreement_5).