MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lock File Issue with Xampplite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working with Xampplite.  I did a successful installation - my second successful attempt of installing 1.8.5.  HOWEVER, I can't get past the lock file so can't access my forum.  When I deleted the lock file as usually is required with myBB it comes with a 43 error when I try to access the Forum:

Quote:Error Type:MyBB Error (43)Error Message:The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.

So great.  I remove the install directory, and then this happens.

Quote:SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such table: mybb_datacache

This is my second installation attempt. 

Any suggestions, as I'm just about to throw in the towel.

I've sorted it out.  Thanks to a YouTube presentation that was suggested in a very old thread somewhere else in the myBB Forum - how to install myBB on XAMPP - it's still good to go for myBB 1.8:

Error No. 1 was that I selected what I had thought was the logical database engine: SQLite 3 for Xampplite.  Whereas I should have chosen the default one: MySQL Improved.  SQLite 3 doesn't work with Xampplite.

Error No. 2 was when I created the user in phpBB I should have selected localhost.  I selected the default in phpmyAdmin.

Error No. 3 was I mis-interpreted the myBB message that I had to delete the lock file. Then when I deleted the locked file Error No. 4 occurred it then  asks for the Directory to be deleted.  This time round I ignored the latter and and restored the lock file and that worked in the end.  I finally understood what that paragraph had meant, i.e. that there needs to be a locked file in order to proceed to the next step.  Perhaps that sentence could be omitted.

Or I'd change the wording to:

Caution:  Your installation directory needs to be locked in order for you to access the forum.  We have already done that for you and there is a lock file in the directory. However ..... etc. etc.