MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not installed correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, been here a day and this is already my 2nd question.

I am trying to install MyBB on a Wamp server.  I thought it had installed correctly as it seemed to be working fine.  However when someone attempts to log in from outside my Router they are directed to error pages which suggest they are trying to access pages using my  internal ip address.  At no time during installation did I get the opportunity to enter the domain name for the outside world.  What have I done wrong?

I can add more information here.

First of all let me explain that I live in Spain and I am told that Spanish Internet does not allow loop back. In other words I can not access web pages served by apache server on any of my computers this side of my router by using my domain name or static ip address. To access them I need to use local host or the internal ip address.

I have reset the information in my settings configuration so it now shows the static ip address as the forum address for the "outside world". I assume this has fixed this part so that it can be accessed from outside my router. However I have now reversed the situation so that I cannot access the site myself. I can get into certain parts of the site if I replace the static ip with my internal ip address but that still does not give me full control of everything. For example commands that require Javascript still want to use the static Domain. Once I am in using 192. 168 etc...most of the page links work as normal Is there any way I can configure the site to accept either the internal or external addresses.