MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Design Team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I literally just came across this website after a suggestion from a user talking about how much this resembles IPB.

Anyone who would make a free cms that resembled a "pay" cms are good people in my eyes. I have looked it over and I must say that I think you guys will go pretty far. I have designed for everything from html, css, phpbb, phpbb3, phpbb plus, integramod, etc etc

The few that I refused to do designs for were cms that charged people to use them, such as IPB and vbulletin.

Have you thought about putting together a design team?

I am going to download this and give it a try, and then create a new theme for it. I saw a moderator make a post that got me interested in the first place. It was Ryan Ashbrook with the post of
Quote:I'm waiting to see someone make an amazingly complex theme, if anyone wants a challenge I can send them a theme I like to convert over to MyBB. Contact me if you'd like.

What did you have in mind Ryan Ashbrook?

Anyway, I will make the theme tonight and post it here somewhere. Let me know if a design team is ever put together.

Here are a few screenshots from themes I've done before...

One I'm working on right now for integramod called efusion
[Image: efusion.gif]

One I'm porting to integramod that I made for phpbb called bf_vamp
[Image: bfvamp.gif]

One I made for integramod called bf_design
[Image: bfdesign.gif]

Sorry if they are big, I didn't know how to shrink them here

You can view the efusion and bf_design live at my site
(efusion being built live there)
www.black-fusion.com/forum/ (Mods remove if considered spam)

Let me know Wink
Really like the first design, will these be designs that you are planning on releasing or just for personal use.
A design team would be great! Hope it gets done. A complex theme is what MyBB is missing.
Well i don't know...... he is using "PHPBB" forum software..... but if he design for MYBB it sure can be great Smile
If the community here likes the themes shown I can port them for use here. The point of me showing them was to give an example for my designs. The reason I came here and posted was to ask about the design team possibility and design themes for it. Even if no design team is organized I will still build themes for it and release them. They will be available on my site and if the owners of mybboard would permit available here as well.

Yes I use "phpbb" forum software for my main forum because I've used it since it started. With the mods I've made and installed and hacks I've done it suits me well. I have modded, hacked, and designed for it and many other forum softwares and I hold no single forum higher or lower than any others.

I don't care about "competition" and I am not affiliated with any cms or use of php as a forum. If I build themes for this one it will still not make me care about one or the other any more than I do now. I love to design and that's just what I do. Each form of forum has it's own special pros and cons and most of them are built by the community as much as by the developers with suggestions, beta testing, and teams assigned to further the development.

No disrespect was intended here as I was making my purpose clear to avoid any suspicion or confusion.

Simply put I just want another place to design for Big Grin
hmm... okay themes.

I am actually a big fan of IPB 1.3, I thought that was a great release and this forum reminds me of it. Which is great. I guess a design team will be nice maybe I can make a theme for this forum...

anyways keep at it with your skins Smile
wow nice designs man can you port the frost's bit theme?
I can really use it.. Smile thanks!
hmm im having some issues registering lol. it wont let me pm you.
Quote:wow nice designs man can you port the frost's bit theme?
I can really use it.. Smile thanks!

Yes that wouldn't be too hard

Quote:hmm im having some issues registering lol. it wont let me pm you.

Having problems here or my site? You can always contact me via my forum. Link in first post Toungue
An offical mybb theme team is what i think is needed
Pages: 1 2