MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discussion] 2.0 Attachment System Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
As in download all attachments associated with a given post/topic/conversation?
(2015-09-28, 06:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]As in download all attachments associated with a given post/topic/conversation?

I'd like to have a disable button for this Wink
(2015-09-28, 06:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]As in download all attachments associated with a given post/topic/conversation?

All attachment from one post - it would be useful - for example - 10 images -> download them all together

gmail has this feature for example
I personally like the idea of using Dropbox, mediafire, or other self hosted file services. Like own cloud hosted on another server for example. It helps better manage the server space.
(2016-03-31, 07:12 PM)Chris6501 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally like the idea of using Dropbox, mediafire, or other self hosted file services. Like own cloud hosted on another server for example. It helps better manage the server space.

But what if the file host goes under, or the files get deleted. Server space is cheap, losing files hurts.
Being admin on the internet is hard.....its NOT a one-click solution, so you need to know what you are doing Toungue

and hosts will change that login protocols often
(2016-03-31, 09:21 PM)Boonie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-31, 07:12 PM)Chris6501 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally like the idea of using Dropbox, mediafire, or other self hosted file services. Like own cloud hosted on another server for example. It helps better manage the server space.

But what if the file host goes under, or the files get deleted. Server space is cheap, losing files hurts.

attachments can chew up disk space when you run a big board with thousands of users...
I would like to have a system where my users can add attachments and then have all the attachments available as a list for others to see and access without going to each individual post. Is that a thing? A list of uploaded documents for all members to share?

If that isn't really a function of myBB, is there an option for another program to access the attachments on my board and list them there?

I apologize that this isn't a technical question or answer, but it's one I'm curious about since my board is about sharing information and sample documents is a part of that.

Thanks for any info or a lead on how to do this.

http://ptoshare.com/
By default you can do this per thread but not across an entire site, I believe.
(2016-11-11, 09:02 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]By default you can do this per thread but not across an entire site, I believe.

Thanks for the info. I'm researching it and found that thread during a search. I'm continuing to try to learn more. I understand if a "file repository" system is problematic sometimes but would like to find a way to give my users an easy way to find documents.

I'm guessing that this

https://docs.mybb.com/

is a feature of the overall MyBB platform but not directly within the community/forums part? I'm curious what software MyBB uses for that aspect of the website...because clearly it plays well with the message board part.   :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6