MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Posts in forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am using custom forum icons for my forum at the moment and there is no way to see if a forum has any new posts etc. Is there any way to put a little icon or something next to the forum name that shows if there are new posts in the forum or not?
You can identify a thread with new posts to the fact that the subject is displayed as bold text.

In the default template you see further at the start op the line of a threed a geen arrow icon (for 1.8 images/jump.png for 1.6 this is images/jump.gif) which will bring you to the first unread post of that thread. When there are no new posts, there is no green arrow icon
Yeah I know but I want it so that users know if a forum has new threads/replies in it. Like you said maybe a little icon next to the forum name on the index page
That is also already there, look at this forum, at the index page you see:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34875]
A light grey ball means no new messages/threads. A dark ball indicates that there are new messages/threads.

Sorry, this is for 1.8. For 1.6 the following symbols are used:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34877]

When you want to use other symbols you can change the images in the images directory. These are respectively:

on.gif
off.gif
offlock.gif
Yeah I know about those. I have been using myBB for years now Toungue. Like I said in the original post I am using custom forum icons for each forum so I don't have those. I need something like that but a little icon (16x16) next to the forum name
Making things clear is also a profession. Big Grin Toungue

When you use custom icons for forums, you have removed the following from the start of template forumbit_depth2_cat, and replaced that by the img code of your forum-icon

<span class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"></span>

You can place this code again, but now directly before:
<strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>

In addition you can replace the icons on.gif, off.gif and offlock.gif in directory images by the (small) icons you want to use for this purpose.