MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: In middle of upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI, I have been trying to get the upgrade done from version 1.6.15 > 1805.
I had to do the taking the forum off line through Website OS4 control panel. BUt am trying to upload files through filezilla which I had updated today. Instead of overwriting the files, which I didn't realize it wasn't doing correctly, I ended with duplicates of some and not others and am now in such a mess and unsure how to sort this mess out. Need help, as am into my 3rd hour trying to deal with this and do not want to delete the wrong stuff.

First time doing complete forum shutdown, so it's not as easy apparently as I thought trying to follow step by step. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had the site for 6 or 7 yrs and never had this problem with files. The duplicate backups file won't let me move the forum backups  into the main backup file. It might sound stupid of me, but, ...whatever.

For whatever reason filezilla continued to duplicate files, not even in the subdirectory I was putting them in. Anyway, so finally got all duplicates and reduplicates removed--at least for now.

So on to the next thing....add install to the url

So easy in the past. Removing private info with xxx>

Now >>> Warning [2] require_once(/services/webpages/s/e/xxxxx/public/xxxx/inc/db_base.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 63 - File: install/index.php PHP 5.3.28 (Linux)

File
Line
Function/install/index.php
errorHandler->error
/install/index.php
require_once

I really need some help here. I started 7 hours ago. Anybody?
looks like config.php file from earlier installation is missing (in inc folder). if you have a backup of it then upload it & check
HI thanks for answering.

I am looking at the files and it is still showing
config.backup.php from 2010
config.default.php  from 2014 --but shows 0 size
config.php from 2011

Are the those ones you mean?

Slamming head against wall. In all the duplicates and reloading and deleting, I missed those files in the inc--got the subfolders because they kept duplicating. Thank you, the Installation wizard just came up after I tried reloading that whole section. Hopefully that will work now.

Thank you.

Perfect! except now it won't accept my username and password.
is it upgraded or asking your credentials before upgrading ?
assuming that you have a legit forum, you may PM me your credentials to forum admin panel & web host panel to check
When starting into the wizard, got to login and password page.

>and doesn't accept it and if I  try to do other possibles--it comes up with option, did you forget your password and when I click on that,

MyBB internal Error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:MyBB Error (43)Error Message:The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.

> My server has looked at the files and they say from their end it looks like the upgrade already took place, which is impossible...sooo..can't get past login now.
now your forum is upgraded to MyBB 1.8.5

earlier 1.6 version's themes do not work fine with MyBB 1.8.5
you can install a new compatible theme for your forum
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

see if required => theme installation guidance

ensure that your forum has correct 1.8.5 files by running file verification tool
(2015-08-16, 05:29 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]now your forum is upgraded to MyBB 1.8.5

earlier 1.6 version's themes do not work fine with MyBB 1.8.5
you can install a new compatible theme for your forum
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

see if required => theme installation guidance

ensure that your forum has correct 1.8.5 files by running file verification tool

Will be working on it today. Thank you for getting it going for me.
On the file verification tool it shows a bunch of files in red that say changed, and a bunch in black that say missing. I cannot find documentation on how to address those issues. How do you tell which ones are changed due to prior customizations?
Thank you so much for fixing things where I couldn't. This is definitely the reason us older folk go grey. Still have things to fix in themes, but at least the security is good and well on the way to opening the forum again.
So very much appreciated the help, .m. 

Smile