MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing text size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finally taking up making my first theme.
It is turning out much easier than I thought it would be Big Grin
I'm stuck with one thing though.The forum description text size.I can change it's color easy enough but not the size.I I can only change the size of the forum NAME.
I am going to assume I can add a bit of CSS to the Extra CSS Attributes section for Alternating Table Row 1 and Alternating Table Row 2 as that is the part that contains this bit of code.
I have attached an image so you know what text I mean.
Currently my FORUM NAME is 12px and green-ish while the description under it is smaller text size ( what I want to change ) and black ( color I want it )

Thanks in advance Smile
[attachment=5716]
Quote:I'm stuck with one thing though.The forum description text size.I can change it's color easy enough but not the size.I I can only change the size of the forum NAME.
I am going to assume I can add a bit of CSS to the Extra CSS Attributes section for Alternating Table Row 1 and Alternating Table Row 2 as that is the part that contains this bit of code.

This part uses the smalltext class, therefore you need to edit the smalltext but as long as it affect other parts of the forums, i recommend to create a new class and use it in forumbit_depth2_forum instead of smalltext class which is used for the div that contains the description.
I just read up on making classes but I dont know where to put that class.
I was going to set up like .myfontsize {font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12pt; color: red; }
Where do I put that so I can just add <span class="myfontsize">affected text</span> ?
First you have to add this part
Quote: .myfontsize {font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12pt; color: red; }
Under Additional CSS at the bottom of the theme manager.

Then as i have mentined earlier in forumbit_depth2_forum find

<div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}

and change smalltext to myfontsize.
Thanks a bunch! I now can have MKPortal and MyBB use separate CSS text colors and sizes.
Before this the MKPortal CSS would over ride the MyBB CSS for text if you had the forum open INSIDE MKPortal.This fixes this issue with forum description and the text in posts.

Thanks again zaher1988