MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change a user display name color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm looking for simple way of solution where I can change the color of a user name display without creating a new group.

Thanks in advance.
(2015-08-16, 09:26 AM)screamo Wrote: [ -> ]change the color of a user name display without creating a new group.

Which criteria do you want to use for that.
Somewhere a decision has to be made which color to use for who!
(2015-08-16, 09:29 AM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-16, 09:26 AM)screamo Wrote: [ -> ]change the color of a user name display without creating a new group.

Which criteria do you want to use for that.
Somewhere a decision has to be made which color to use for who!

I just want to change a user name color display manually if possible.
Go to your ACP -> Users & Groups -> Groups, find your group and click on 'Options', then click on 'Edit Group', then you can edit the color in the 'Username Style' form, using <span style="font-color:CODEHERE;">{username}</span>.

Hope this helps,

Arne.
(2015-08-17, 11:06 AM)ArneVD Wrote: [ -> ]Go to your ACP -> Users & Groups -> Groups, find your group and click on 'Options', then click on 'Edit Group', then you can edit the color in the 'Username Style' form, using <span style="font-color:CODEHERE;">{username}</span>.

Hope this helps,

Arne.

Thanks for your help, 

As I said I just want to change a username color  if possible without creating a new group.

Scenario: 
Three of my members want to change their user name color unique and individually without creating three group for each of them because it's very tiring to create a group user if somebody requested that they want to change their favorite color.
Oh sorry, use this plugin:
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=128

This plugins lets every user (with permissions) style his/her own username.

Hope this helps better then my previous answer,

Arne.